CFP®, AIF®, CDFA® – LPL Financial Advisor in Connecticut
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment Management
- Life and LTC Insurance
- Wealth Preservation
- Executive Compensation / Retirement Analysis
- Estate Planning
- Personal Tax Solutions
- Divorce and Inheritance
- Series 66*
- Series 7*
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA)
*Held at LPL Financial.
- Leadership: drove a $4 billion piece of Aetna business and did it the right way
- Balance: named Academic All-American as a senior baseball player at Drew University (and hit .406)
- Courage: left a great career as an actuary and CFO for a more fulfilling one as a financial advisor
- Giving Back: helped the Golf For the Kids charity raise over $600K to fight pediatric cancer
- Drew University 1991-1995, B.A. Mathematics, Economics, Madison, NJ
- Enrico Fermi High School 1987-1991, Enfield, CT
My second (and favorite) career as a financial advisor began in 2014 to help real people pursue their financial goals. I am a fee-based, independent advisor specializing in helping families in their 40’s, 50’s, and 60’s with their investments, insurance, and retirement planning. I am an investment manager, but even more so I am a problem solver and partner to my clients, adding value in unique and unforeseen ways. In addition to improving their investment allocations, I have also helped my clients make better selections on their employee benefits, pick the right offer when selling a house, decide when to sell company stock, apply for student loan forgiveness, and manage all of the necessary changes after getting a divorce or losing a spouse.
I have all of the required securities and insurance licenses, as well as several optional designations. These include Certified Financial Planner (CFP) which has helped me to look at the overall picture with my clients, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA) to help people going through and recovering from a divorce, and Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF) because as a fiduciary it is my duty to put the needs of my clients above all else.
I started my career as an actuary for Cigna in the 1990’s. After passing all of the exams and becoming a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA), I moved to a variety of financial management roles including Business Finance Officer for Cigna’s Medicare business. In 2010, I moved to Aetna where I served as the CFO of their Life, Disability, and Long-Term Care insurance business. In 2014, I made the leap out of corporate finance to start my own business as a financial advisor, which was the best move I have ever made. Now, I get to apply everything I had learned about helping the corporation to make money and use that to help real people with their money instead. I enjoy helping my clients find the right balance of saving and enjoying their money to live the life they truly want.
I have lived in South Windsor, CT with my wonderful and supportive wife Debbie for over 20 years. We have two incredible teenage daughters Ella and Audrey who are truly enjoyable – we love to travel, ski, and hike together. I also enjoy golf, running, and a little karaoke from time to time. I am lucky to have a great family as well as the best clients, many of whom have become close friends over the years.