Melanie D. Milam
CPA, CKA® – LPL Financial Advisor in Texas
- Howard Payne University, Summa Cum Laude
- LPL 2020 Patriots Club*
- LPL 2018 – 2019 Directors Club*
- AIG Platinum Advisor – 2017**
- Nationwide Outstanding Performance as a Top Producer – 2017**
- Allianz A List Gold Award – 2017**
- Nationwide Annuity Circle – 2016**
- Allianz A List Gold Sales Award – 2014, 2015**
- Jackson National Stars Club – 2013, 2015**
- Prudential Master’s Council Award – 2013, 2016**
- LPL Freedom Club Award – 2013*
- LPL Patriots Club Award – 2014*
- NPC Master’s Qualifier – 2015**
- TransAmerica – Top of the Pyramid Award – 2013**
*Based on Annual Production
** Based on Sales Production
- Personal Wealth Management Services
- Personal Financial Planning
- Personal Insurance Services
- Personal Tax Planning Solutions
- FINRA Series 6 (Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Representative Examination)(held with LPL)
- FINRA Series 26 (Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products Principal Examination)(held with LPL)
- NASAA Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination)(held with LPL)
- NASAA Series 65 (Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination)(held with LPL)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Kingdom Advisor (CKA®)
All FINRA licenses held with LPL Financial
Gateway Financial Partners
4305 N. Garfield Street Ste. 260
Midland, TX 79705
The Power of Giving
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing and in everything give thanks. Strive to do everything in life with excellence…be it school, work, relationships, exercise…
My background is in accounting where I worked as a CPA in public accounting for four years prior to starting a family. My desire was to be a stay at home mom while doing contract work. Family has always been my top priority and I wanted to spend both quality and quantity time with my six precious children. I was blessed being able to successfully work from home while raising and homeschooling my six children. At the time of the Chevron/Texaco merger, my husband, John decided that he no longer shared the same vision as the new combined company and requested the two-year severance package.
When John left Chevron in 2001, we evaluated how we could utilize my CPA with his background in the oil and gas business and somehow serve the people that we had come to love over the years. We used a Financial Advisor when John left Chevron realizing how crucial that was when you are making a transition. There are major decisions being made at that pivotal point that will ultimately affect the success of one’s retirement years. After going through that process, we realized the financial services business would be a perfect fit for us going forward. We could truly help make that transition easier for other couples in the oil & gas business going through the same process.
John and I worked together for five years building this business. I am not sure if you have ever worked with your spouse, but I quickly realized that 24/7 was a lot! I am neat while John is messy. I love organization and believe that everything has a home and should be in that home while John thrives with piles everywhere. We are both type-A personalities-we both want to be in charge, be the boss, run the show and delegate to someone else. With two chiefs and no Indians, it made for an extremely challenging work environment. In 2006, John was offered multiple positions to go back into the oil & gas business which was his true passion. He chose to go to work for an independent oil company instead of a major.
Our financial services practice would become my own business. The future was scary yet exciting as I realized this was now my baby. I knew that I was passionate about helping couples be successful in retirement. My experience and knowledge as a CPA is uncommon among Financial Advisors and yet a perfect fit when dealing with retirement money. It means every decision about my client’s investments considers the potential tax consequences. This allows them to utilize their money in the most tax-efficient manner.
My niche market focuses on couples or individuals that are in the oil and gas business who are transitioning to a different job or retiring. I work primarily with Chevron or Chevron/Texaco employees and am completely familiar with Chevron’s entire exiting process. Approximately 70% of my clients are current or former Chevron employees. Because I have awesome clients, they send me amazing referrals. My clients are like my extended family and I care deeply for each of them.
My clients choose to work with me as their valued advisor for my personal service, integrity, and reputation. What this means to them is I strive to bring a family-oriented approach that is honest, upfront and genuinely caring. I am always willing to make myself available and strive to go above and beyond what is expected. The real benefit is having someone who knows their situation and will help move them forward as they make life adjustments. My passion is helping couples experience a retirement beyond their expectations.
My goal is always to provide exceptional service. I am dedicated to creating a plan that will help couples to not only prepare for their needs but also work toward their dreams in retirement. I desire to become and remain their only trusted advisor. Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA BrokerCheck.